Question

How can I rename an existing DAC field (Which doesn't has PXUIField Attribute) in a DAC Extension.

• 18 July 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi All, Hope you are doing well.

How can I rename an existing DAC Field in DACExtension class.

For Example,

I Need to rename the LineCntrAttribute field [of AMClockItem - DAC] to LineCntr [ in DAC Extension].

Could you please provide some suggestions or code snippet?

Thanks,

Moulali Shaik.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @MoulaliShaik79  Have you tried with the Workflow automation steps in the customization project?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Naveen Boga,

I didn’t have knowledge of the Workflow Automation topic/ concept.

Thanks,

Moulali Shaik.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @MoulaliShaik79 

Please go through the answer given by Naveen in this post

Renaming a Field | Community (acumatica.com)

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Naveen Boga, @jinin,

Here, I want to change the Table column name also. So If I change the table column name then its dependent DAC/DACs field will get affected/unable to recognize the new field  (I presume). 

Will the Workflow Automation handle it? or How to achieve this functionality?.

Note: Existing DAC Field doesn’t have PXUIField Attribute.

Thanks,

Moulali Shaik.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @MoulaliShaik79  We can change the Table column through the workflow automation steps.

This activity will change only the Disiplay Name, it will not impact anything on the DAC level.

Can you please let me know more details, that you are trying to modify. In the above I can see only DAC and field name, Can you please provide all details together here.

• Screen ID/Screen Name
  • View
  • DAC
  • Field

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Naveen Boga,

I don’t want to change the Display Name why because the renaming field will not have the PXUIField Attribute.

• Screen ID/Screen Name  = Clock Entry
  • View = header
  • DAC = AMClockItem
  • Field = lineCntrAttribute
  • (this need to be like lineCntr in both places DAC field and also in Table column)

Thanks,

Moulali Shaik.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@MoulaliShaik79  We can only modify the Display Names through workflow automation steps but not the Field Name.

If you change the field, it will impact everywhere where we have used that field and it is HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED.

If required, you can introduce new customization field and implement the same logic as  lineCntrAttribute

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Naveen Boga,

I am a bit confused about the new customization field, if possible could you please provide some code snippets or reference links to achieve this?

Thanks,

Moulali Shaik.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @MoulaliShaik79 - were you able to find a solution for your issue? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved