Solved

How can I override the 'Location ID' link to open CR Locations instead of AR Locations?

• 9 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +11

It would make sense to me that when opening a Location from the ‘Locations’ tab of a Business Account, that CR Locations would open by default. However, it does not, and AR Locations opens instead.

I must admit, I cannot even find where the code is that runs when this is clicked. I believe it executes an Action called ‘ViewLocation’, but I can’t find it and I don’t know how to override it.

icon

Best answer by darylbowman 15 March 2022, 19:56

View original

5 replies

Badge +11

This isn’t the way I was expecting to solve this need, but here’s what I did:

I added a new Action which opens CR Locations:

public class BusinessAccountMaint_Extension : PXGraphExtension<BusinessAccountMaint>
{
// Change in what window Locations opens
public PXAction<BAccount> CstViewLocation;
[PXUIField(DisplayName = PX.Objects.CR.Messages.ViewLocation, MapEnableRights = PXCacheRights.Select, MapViewRights = PXCacheRights.Select, Visible = false)]
[PXButton(ImageKey = PX.Web.UI.Sprite.Main.DataEntry)]
public IEnumerable cstViewLocation(PXAdapter adapter)
{
BAccount bAccount = Base.Caches[typeof(BAccount)].Current as BAccount;

if (Base.BaseLocations.Current is object && bAccount is object && Base.Caches[typeof(BAccount)].GetStatus(bAccount) != PXEntryStatus.Inserted)
{
PX.Objects.CR.Standalone.Location current = Base.BaseLocations.Current;
LocationMaint graph = PXGraph.CreateInstance<AccountLocationMaint>();
graph.Location.Current = graph.Location.Search<PX.Objects.CR.Standalone.Location.locationID>(current.LocationID, bAccount.AcctCD);
PXRedirectHelper.TryRedirect(graph, PXRedirectHelper.WindowMode.NewWindow);
}

return adapter.Get();
}
}

Then I changed the Location ID ‘Link Command’ to use my custom Action:

Badge +11

I guess this makes sense, but CR Location is really what I want to see. How can I override this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Oh Okay!!

If Business Account is NOT extended as a Customer OR Vendor, then it will be redirected to the CR Locations

• If Business Account is extended as a Customer then the system will take you to the Customer Locations i.e. AR Locations.
  •  If Business Account is extended as Vendor then the system will take you to the Vendor Locations i.e. AP Locations.

Badge +11

I saw that, but it didn’t make sense why that would be opening in the AR Locations page.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @darylbowman  Yes, LocationID Link action called as “ViewLocation” and the code is available under the LocationDetailsExt.cs file. 

Please find the screenshot below for reference.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved