Question

How can I make changes to the same workflow in multiple packages?

• 20 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +11

I’m surprised this question has not been raised before, but I couldn’t find anything.

Acumatica seems to be very limited in its ability to customize the same workflow in more than one package, especially with the visual editor. (I have managed to do this in code by creating a secondary graph extension of the original graph extension that modified workflow.) This is a HUGE problem because workflow is now so integral in creating actions that a high percentage of packages I’m writing require some modification to workflow. It is NOT a satisfactory answer to say “put all the workflow in one package” as this is simply impossible given the breadth of workflow changes that some packages have (I’m looking at you ISVs).

Please tell me I’m missing something simple.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I don’t have any other idea than modify the workflow in a graph extension and forget the visual editor.

Badge +11

I don’t have any other idea than modify the workflow in a graph extension and forget the visual editor.

The issue with this is that the creators of certain very popular packages (*cough* ISVs) use the visual editor to add their workflow items, which immediately sinks your otherwise excellent idea.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Have you tried to override the visual customization in a higher level package with a graph extension?

I am not sure if it works, but I try to save my “excellent” idea :)

Userlevel 2
Badge

I also ran into this same issue once had to find a long route to solve this issue ended up overriding multiple actions instead of using simple workflow change. Levels apparently does not seem to be working in this case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

As per my understanding, it is not feasible and it is Acumatica’s workflow limitation.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved