Solved

Form-specific help description for custom fields

• 19 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Is it possible to add form-specific descriptions for custom fields added as extensions of existing DAC and custom screens? I can extend the wiki page for an existing screen but it looks like I cannot include a single wiki page as part of the customisation and captions are not linked to a specific field, they just show as part of the page help menu and no question mark is associated to  the custom field.
If someone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.
Thank you  

icon

Best answer by RohitRattan88 19 December 2023, 18:14

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is it possible to add form-specific descriptions for custom fields added as extensions of existing DAC and custom screens? 

Try cache_attached on graph extension

Ref: Changing Labels for a Single DAC Field Used Multiple Times

I can extend the wiki page for an existing screen but it looks like I cannot include a single wiki page as part of the customisation and captions are not linked to a specific field, they just show as part of the page help menu and no question mark is associated to  the custom field.
If someone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Could you share more details with screenshots(with maybe mock field/wiki) to better understand the requirements and assist accordingly. I believe there is a way to add wiki for custom screens as “Form Reference Wiki”

maybe check out To Link an Article to a Form

Userlevel 1

Thank you for the response @RohitRattan88 

Let’s say that I have extended the Vendor screen (AP303000) with custom fields. If I move the mouse cursor to a label for an original field, I can click CTRL and a question mark icon shows up and clicking it the help menu on the right-hand side panel opens with details for the selected field. (See ‘Vendor Class’ label)

I would like to have the same behaviour and my own help description for the custom fields I added. I also would like to have the help menu for my own custom screens.

Additionally, I would like to include these changes in the customization project so they can be published alongside the custom fields.

I can edit the page Wiki but I cannot find a way to link the description to specific fields and include the changes in the customization project (it looks like only entire wiki can be added).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@francescaoperti72 

Found some documentation that mentions that InfoTips for custom fields are not currently supported:

Limitations

• Support only descriptions of UI elements on a form: field labels, grid column labels.
  • The names of tabs on a form are not supported.
  • No infotips on GIs, including PL
  • custom fields are not supported yet.  
  • Form toolbars (the form-specific commands, which can be shown as buttons on the form toolbar, as commands on the More menu) and dialog boxes are not supported yet.
Userlevel 1

Thank you @RohitRattan88 
Could you please share the source of the screen shot? 
Would anyone know if this is in the schedule for future releases?
Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@francescaoperti72 

All other points are available @ Built-In Infotips, except for custom fields point which I found on internal documentation/specification. It is under review for future development but no ETA/further information available at this time.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved