Solved

Duplicated NoteID value

• 12 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have recently noticed that two records dealing with two differents PaymentMethodID in our PaymentMethod table have the save NoteID value.

I'm new in the Acumatica's world but it seems to me that a given NoteID value should be unique in its tenant.

I have decided to change the NoteID value of one of my conflicting records but to do so, I have to check before for potential uses of this value in other tables. Am I exhaustive if I search for the value to be changed in all tables having a NoteID column or can NoteID values be also used in columns having an other name ?

icon

Best answer by Django 12 December 2022, 16:34

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Based on the table structure for that table, the NoteID column doesn’t have to have a unique value in that column. The database should generate a unique value when it inserts a new record but if you import a value into that field then the database will happily accept it.

There are many cases where a NoteID value is used as a foreign key value in another table. Typically you see this called RefNoteID or ParentNoteID.

As for the NoteID within the PaymentMethod table, it doesn’t look like it is used elsewhere - the paymentmethod.cs file doesn’t appear to have any foreign key references listed.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you ddunn for theses informations.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved