Solved

Customization impact after upgrade - SOShipmentEntry

• 23 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

We’re working on upgrading a Customer from 2019 R2 to 2021 R2. We do have a lot of customizations and I’m running into a few issues esp. with SOShipmentEntry graph.

After resolving initial errors in the customization code after upgrade, the code compiled and I was able to publish.

However many functionalities are not working. For e.g., looks like the events such as RowPersisted, RowPersisting, RowInserted, RowUpdated, override of Persist method etc. we already had on SOShipmentEntry are not firing anymore. 

There was also a custom tab with a grid which was not displaying and causing the entire page to break. It was giving an error that the view used by the grid is not available. Though I published multiple times, it kept complaining the same that the view is not available. When I attempted to edit aspx, got an error that Sequence contains no matching elements. I finally deleted the Shipments screen from the customization package and re-added it without the custom tab/grid.

Does anyone have any insights on what might be going on?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Raj Gopinathan 28 December 2021, 19:41

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @rgopinathan51  Yes, there are many changes done in the 21 R2 from 2019 R2 but that will not stop firing the events. Have you commented code blocks one by one and verified, where exactly it is causing the these issues?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks Naveen. Yes, I commented out the entire SOShipmentEntry Extension file and started again from beginning with one change at a time in place and realized that it was the changes to the PostShipment method we had made. We had overridden the method which in turn invokes other protected Acumatica methods.

We tried using the new PXProtectedAccess feature but had done that incorrectly within our existing extension and to add to that mistake, probably based on Intellisense recommendation, had made the extension graph “Abstract”. How silly!!! Issue resolved after adding the additional abstract extension class for protected methods and inheriting our extension class from both the Acumatica base graph and the abstract extension class.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi  @rgopinathan51  HAHA! 

Yeah! it might be due to the Intellisense suggestion, you may have done that change. Anyways finally identified the culprit :)  Thanks for sharing the update.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved