Customer Pricing Add-on

• 5 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Experts,

We are currently exploring the development of an add-on for customer-specific pricing in Acumatica. While Acumatica offers robust pricing capabilities, it does not provide native functionality for pricing based on specific customers. After reviewing other ERP software, such as Sage 300, we noticed that they have dedicated screens for managing contract pricing specific to individual customers.

Considering this, we believe it would be a valuable idea to develop an add-on that extends Acumatica's pricing capabilities to include customer-specific pricing.

Your insights and suggestions are highly appreciated. 

Regards,
Sweta

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @sweta68 

Have you looked at Sales Price Worksheets? You can have prices based on customers.

Badge +11

Unless you have additional requirements, you can absolutely define Customer-specific pricing.

Badge

It would be very helpful if Acumatica changed their logic here. Instead of assigning product pricing to customers, it would be much easier to manage if you could assign customers to a price tier. Example, if customers by $500k or more they get put into a Price Contract where their cost is much more competitive as opposed to a standard customer.

• Create a Price Contract
  • Assign products to the Price Contract 
  • Establish a flat margin for all products in the contract
  • Nest Customers into that contract
Badge +11

It would be very helpful if Acumatica changed their logic...

This sounds like a fairly specific requirement. Completely valid, I'm sure, but doubtfully something Acumatica will touch. This is where my finest work begins 🙂

Badge

It would be very helpful if Acumatica changed their logic...

This sounds like a fairly specific requirement. Completely valid, I'm sure, but doubtfully something Acumatica will touch. This is where my finest work begins 🙂

This is not uncommon in distribution and is pretty standard for all ERPs (Netsuite, Sage 300, Infor, Advantive) this project is actually holding us up with a 1.5 year implementation and we may have to commit to another ERP because of this. A customization opens up the door for incorrect pricing for e-Commerce additions and requires updates every 20 months with Acumaticas support with version updates. Huge flaw for distributors and definitely needs to be addressed by Acumatica not free lance developers. 

Badge +11

Touché. I hope you can find the answers you’re looking for.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved