Solved

Custom processing screen doesn't update progress until it is finished

Badge +11

I have a few processing screens that I’ve created recently that I just noticed recently don’t update their progress until the processing is completely finished. For example, if I process 25 records, the progress bar will spin indeterminately with 25 ‘remaining’ until it has completely finished, and then all 25 will be ‘processed’.

This does not strike me as being normal behavior, but I wanted to check in to see if anyone else has experienced this or if I am doing something wrong. I am working with 22.209

icon

Best answer by darylbowman 9 May 2023, 18:12

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Just curious if you have Process Delegate Suppression properties like as SuppressUpdate or SuppressMerge or other suppressions on?

Badge +11

Nope, wasn’t aware they existed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I just tested one of my custom processing screens and I have the same issue. I just updated my libraries to 22R2 last week.

Badge +11

@Dmitrii Naumov 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@darylbowman we’ll check

Userlevel 1

Hi @darylbowman , I have been able to reproduce the issue also on a custom processing screen (tested in 22.205).

I will report this issue to our engineering team. 

Userlevel 1

@darylbowman I tested it one more time, but with the processing taking longer than 5 seconds to complete (the time it takes to update the window), and it is working fine. Can you confirm how long does it take to complete the processing in your case ?

Badge +11

I finally discovered what the issue was. I think in some cases, processing statuses are updated automatically, but in this situation, I had to use PXProcessing.SetError() or PXProcessing.SetInfo() to update the processing status of each record.

After this change, it behaves entirely normally.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @darylbowman !

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I had the same issue.  Hence me being here right now.  I found that I was missing this line at the top of my processing method:

PXProcessing<ICSDiscountProgram>.SetCurrentItem(program);

By not setting the current item, it was just recycling the description of the first item in the processing list and not updating the counts.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved