Solved

Creating Project selectors in Budgets form

• 24 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello Everyone,

How can I add the following selector fields in Budgets form just exactly like how they appear in Journal transactions form.

Journal transaction:

All the three fields are selectors: 

eg Project/contract

Budgets: where I want to add them.

Kindly assist.
All responses will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 24 February 2023, 18:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Just open the GLTran DAC and copy/paste those three fields along with their properties to any DAC extension you need and then add them to the layout you want but you have much bigger problems ahead.

The budget lines PK is by Account and Subaccount (if enabled) in addition to header keys. Possibly you want to have multiple projects and cost codes … per account that system won’t allow it. So you will need to revise your DAC key to allow multiple projects per account which require some technical modifications here too.

Assume you made all these work, then possibly you want to compare your actuals to budget that will require some modifications on all data entry screens (GL Tran. PMTran, AP Bill, AR Inv, Cash Tran, …) methods that system can properly find the related budget record and update the summary tables.

This has huge impact and is a big customization that even for an experienced programmer with in-depth knowledge of Acumatica will be challenging.

I might be wrong but seems you want to have monthly budget for your projects to compare it to their actuals but I believe you are heading in wrong direction. You need a brand new screen that allows you enter monthly budget for your projects, revise it as needed and compare to actuals.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If you need to create monthly budgets for projects, take a look at the Project Budget Forecast feature.  You may need to enable it on the Enable/Disable screen:

https://help-2022r2.acumatica.com/(W(3))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=7fd3db1f-3dfd-4609-a0eb-30c3a0e5b107

This would allow you to enter project budgets on a month by month basis for the duration of the project.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you need to create monthly budgets for projects, take a look at the Project Budget Forecast feature.  You may need to enable it on the Enable/Disable screen:

https://help-2022r2.acumatica.com/(W(3))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=7fd3db1f-3dfd-4609-a0eb-30c3a0e5b107

This would allow you to enter project budgets on a month by month basis for the duration of the project.

Good suggestion. When I was implementing Construction module recently we couldn’t make use of this screen for our client no matter how hard we tried but it might work in this use case. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved