Solved

Create a text file when export

• 17 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have created one processing screen where I want to create a text file when I select the records and click export. And I want that file to be attached in the top right corner just like many other screens. Is this possible ? I checked and it looks like you can attach the file to a particular DAC but I don’t want to do that.

icon

Best answer by Leonardo Justiniano 17 April 2023, 22:17

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @param2022 

Short answer: Depends

You might need to create an Audit Table to persist each execution (and parameters) of your processing screen on each run (You can run multiple times). Then, you can have such record linked to the file you generated. The file can be created after your Graph finished the processing in the Process Delegate function. Having this you also might need to add a button “History” to display those records and attachments which have a AuditHistory DAC that you can edit in a screen.

If the purpose of the file is to record a log of the processing, then you do not need it because you have the Audit table for that. Normally processing screens are not persistent as parameters on the header are usually PXFilter which is not persistent. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved