Solved

Conditionally Display Custom Field based on Order Type

• 6 June 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have been able to add a custom field to SO301000. I am struggling with how to show/hide the custom field based on the Order Type field. I tried to create an event handler based on the RowSelected event. But, I failed. My edit hid the field always, and left the label visible always.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

icon

Best answer by darylbowman 7 June 2023, 13:55

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

@darylbowman that makes sense, and helps a lot. Thank you!

Badge +11

This is my understanding:

this defines the class ncOrder, which inherits the BqlString.Contant class

public class ncOrder : PX.Data.BQL.BqlString.Constant<ncOrder>
{

}

this overrides the base constructor with a new string value

public ncOrder() : base("NC") { }

This may not be entirely technically correct, but the result is a BQL constant from a string.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@darylbowman Brilliant! It works perfectly. Thanks for the help!

Do you mind pointing me to info or explaining:

Badge +11

If SOOrderTypeConstants doesn’t have the required value you need, you can define a constant of your own like this:

public class ncOrder : PX.Data.BQL.BqlString.Constant<ncOrder>
{
}

Then use ncOrder in the statement:

[PXUIVisible(typeof(Where<SOOrder.orderType.IsEqual<ncOrder>>))]

Userlevel 4
Badge

@darylbowman @Naveen Boga  Point taken regarding my code. I definitely should have ported it. However, I deleted it. (I haven’t figured out git in the Visual Studio environment yet. I am a vi guy and am new to VS)

In re-reading my post, I think I didn’t explain my need very well. I need to conditionally display my custom field only when a specific order type (“NC”) is selected.

Thanks for everyone’s patience with me as I learn.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @rcreasy  The above code provided by Darylbowman should work. Add this PXUIVisible attribute to the DAC field.

[PXUIVisible(typeof(Where<SOOrder.orderType.IsEqual<SOOrderTypeConstants.salesOrder>>))]

As you mentioned, the RowSelected code did not work, can you please share the code here?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi rcreasy

In case you’re interested in a  low / no code method.

We sometimes use Conditions and then apply that to the fields “Hidden” property.  See the screenshot below for an example.

Badge +11

In the meantime, something like this should work, placed on the custom field’s attributes:

[PXUIVisible(typeof(Where<SOOrder.orderType.IsEqual<SOOrderTypeConstants.salesOrder>>))]

Badge +11

The best way to learn is to have someone pick apart your failed attempts 😁

Can you post the code you tried?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved