Solved

Can you use string functions in a PXSelector?

• 23 December 2022
  • 35 replies

Show first post

35 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@aaghaei  I created the USRInt7 and tried it.  Same error.

Just for kicks, I tried to get the first 5 using int5 which is a native constant. 

DescriptionField = typeof(Substring<BAccount2.acctCD, int0, int5>))]

I also tried getting 1 - 5.

DescriptionField = typeof(Substring<BAccount2.acctCD, int1, int5>))]

No joy.  

It seems like as long as there are at least 5 chars in the AcctCD, it should be pulling some value from the substring.  Maybe the DescriptionField type just won’t allow it.

Not a big deal here.  It was just a picky request from the client.  Please don’t spend a lot of effort on this.

Thanks guys for your advice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The other thing that I was thinking is that you could create another field to hold that value and then you don’t have to worry about the formula. Plus, I would anticipate that you might need this for future reporting needs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@joe21 @Shawn Burt 

sorry I guess I missed a part and seems you had tried this.

I have another suggestion. In your DAC add an unbounded string field and set it’s formula as you wish to show the substring and then show this unbound field in you selector as a normal field. Hopefully it will work

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@joe21 @Shawn Burt 

the out of box 0.1 and 100 exist I believe but you can create your own easily. In the name space of your extension add a class as follow and then use it’s name in your formula
public class USRInt7 : PX.Data.BQL.BqlInt.Constant<USRInt7> { public USRInt7() : base(“7") { } }

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Didn’t help.  Nice try!  :-)  

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

haven’t tried yet but you might change it to Int0,Int7 as substring is a zero based index. hopefully the error is because of that.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Shawn Burt , I changed the code a bit.  I actually want the first 7 chars of the acctCD.  It still give the error but just fyi.

DescriptionField = typeof(Substring<BAccount2.acctCD, int1, ICSInt7>))]

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

let me play a bit. perhaps  I can figure out a solution. I will post back shortly

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Shawn Burt 

I got it to compile!  

Unfortunately, I got an error on the page.  Unless there is a simple fix, I’m just going to tell the client that they will have to live with it.  It’s a very picky request for sure.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

you have to use substring within the BQL so it should be inside the typeof function.

DescriptionField =typeof(Substring<BAccount.description,Int1,Int7>)

I didn’t test this within the system yet. Int1 is a constant with PX.Objects.CS for the value 1. I assume Int7 is too but you may have to define that.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved