Solved

Can some one help me add more item status, statues that I can create?

• 20 January 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 21 January 2023, 03:54

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There are a couple of ways to do that.  This SO post describes a couple of options. The first option is to create your own dropdown attribute and then to override the attribute of that field in the DAC. The other option is to use workflow to add a dropdown option.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34096583/is-there-a-easy-way-to-customize-acumatica-build-in-dropdown-list

However, it might be helpful to understand a little more of your requirements because I feel like introducing a new status could have wider ranging consequences in other functional areas (like Sales Order Entry).

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @garcimig09 

You can try using:

PXStringListAttribute.AppendList<InventoryItem.itemStatus>(e.Cache, e.Row, ("Key","Label"));

Or inheriting from  IN.InventoryItemStatus and adding the additional statuses you need to new class “InventoryItemStatusNew”. Then using CacheAttached event to replace the old one by the new one:

[PXMergeAttributes(Method = MergeMethod.Replace)]
[PXDBString(2, IsFixed = true)]
[PXDefault("AC")]
[PXUIField(DisplayName = "Item Status", Visibility = PXUIVisibility.SelectorVisible)]
[InventoryItemStatusNew.List] // -< Your new listing class
public virtual void InventoryItem_ItemStatus_CacheAttached(PXCache sender)
}
{

Be careful not to modify existing statuses as they have meaning in the Acumatica implementation.

Hope this can help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @garcimig09 

Here is an article that may help you:

https://sodocumentation.net/acumatica/topic/9392/modifying-items-in-a-dropdown-list

You will need to create a customization project for it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @garcimig09 I think the above coding level customizations are not required for this change.

You can simply do in the Customization Project without any coding. Please find the steps below

1. Open the Customization Project and click on the Screens (Left side menu)
  2. Click on the Existing screen and add the Stock Item screen.
  3. Expand the IN202500 screen left side menu and click on the Fields
  4. Right Side, click on the + icon and add the Item Status field
  5. once the field is added, click on the COMBO BOX VALUES and add the custom statuses
  6. Deploy the package.

Please find the screenshots and attached the customization project for your reference and let me know if you have any queries.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Are there any downsides to customizing this field? We’re interested in adding some additional statuses to provide more information to users at a glance, but we wouldn’t want to compromise any processes in Acumatica that rely on this field.

The new statuses we want to add would be informational only, they wouldn’t need to control the ability to add products to sales orders or purchase orders, etc. In essence, they should function the same as a product in “Active” status.

I can not see a response to Mikeho’s question and i have the same queries 

When creating the new items statuses will they automatically function the same as the “Active” Status

and is there any thing that could be compromised by adding new statuses 

Thank you 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I should also specify, we are using the commerce connector with Shopify - do we know if/how this will affect the connector settings?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Are there any downsides to customizing this field? We’re interested in adding some additional statuses to provide more information to users at a glance, but we wouldn’t want to compromise any processes in Acumatica that rely on this field.

The new statuses we want to add would be informational only, they wouldn’t need to control the ability to add products to sales orders or purchase orders, etc. In essence, they should function the same as a product in “Active” status.

A new status added to that list must behave like one of the existing ones. Current statuses are used by Acumatica internal business logic (have functional meaning).

My recommendation is to create an user defined field with the additional list of possible states of the item. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved