Solved

adding custom field to selector column in SO

• 22 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I am trying to add this field to the inventory lookup in SO.Line PX.Objects.IN.InventoryItem.usrSeattleItemNbr

However, when I add the column the attribute adds the following path...note the EXT.

typeof(PX.Objects.IN.InventoryItemExt.usrSeattleItemNbr)

There is no InventoryItemExt

Selector column in SO Details does not show my added fields

If I edit the attribute to InventoryItem.usrSeattleItemNbr it fails validation.

Any ideas to troubleshoot would be appreciated...thanks.

icon

Best answer by dgross54 26 August 2022, 02:47

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@dgross54 Could you share the definition of the custom field in InventoryItem DAC? 

Your approach should work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @dgross54  It seems you have not given the right extended DAC name, hence it is not populating.

As above requested, please share the code of the Inventory Extended DAC.

Here is the links for reference.

https://www.info-sourcing.com/how-to-add-fields-to-acumatica-selector-lookup-no-coding/

Userlevel 3
Badge

I am not sure where I would go to get the definitions you are referring to.  I wonder if my issue isn’t related to the fact that I had to borrow another customization project so I could add these fields to a group that already existed, and by doing so I added the fields in another data source?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @dgross54  You might need to add these fields to your customization as part of the DAC Extension fields and then provide these fields in the CustomizeSelectorColumns instead of access from the different customization packages.

CustomizeSelectorColumns will not recognize the fields if they are part of another customization package.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@dgross54 @Naveen Boga Another approach is to set an appropiate Level to the customization to access the fields from other projects and set the corresponding namespace name when calling the custom fields in the PXCustomizeSelectorColumns attribute. It’s probably the custom fields are not defined under PX.Objects.IN and that might explain why they are not found.

Userlevel 3
Badge

FYI, turns out there is a conflict with the customization I was working in.  Something in that customization is preventing any changes to the selector.  I have development looking at it.  Sorry and thanks for the responses.  Can this thread be deleted?  I don’t want to confuse anyone else.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @dgross54 - I'm glad you found the issue! We don't delete user content unless it goes against Terms and Conditions. It's OK to leave this post as you gave the explanation. Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved