Solved

Add a new Mailing ID?

• 16 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi

I’d like to create a new Mailing ID but I could not find the screen where these records are managed. Is this possible? (they can be selected via the Customers screen, on the Mailing & Printing tab) 

I did find the table used to store the Mailing ID records: NotificationSetup. The existing records were created by screen SM209900, but I couldn’t load this screen via the UI.

Have experimented by adding a record manually to NotifiationSetup via a DB script, seems to work but not sure if this is a recommended approach.

My other option is to override an existing Mailing ID, which is my Plan B at this stage. 

Thanks

James 

icon

Best answer by neo3678 4 May 2023, 23:12

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@neo3678 have you figured this out? We need a mailing ID to add a default DeviceHub label printer for EasyPost labels. Following these instructions https://help-2021r2.acumatica.com/(W(11))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=295434fc-f977-4855-afcc-7a8d617af1ad

But it does not explain where to go to create a new mailing ID

Badge +11

In the case of Customers, the Mailing ID is created on the Mailing & Printing tab of Accounts Receivable Preferences.

The Mailing and Printing can be configured per Customer Class as well.

In the case of whatever Nathan is working on, you’d probably need to visit the Preferences of the module you are printing labels in.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@darylbowman I don’t know I did not think of that! Found it in SO preferences thank you!

For anybody else interested in future, yes I got this working, the basic idea is: 

First insert a new record into NotificationSetup to define the new Mailing ID.

Then you'll need to insert into table NotificationSource a reference to the new Mailing ID for every customer - then from screen AR303000 you'll see the new Mailing ID in the 'Mailing & Printing' tab. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @neo3678!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@neo3678 I’m not able to find the screen for NotificationSetup - is this in system management?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved