Solved

Acumactica PUT and GET API

• 15 April 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi all, I am planning to get the complete customer data from my Acumatica instance and then going to put updated customer info from my local database to Acumatica Customer form in Attributes Tab. I want to ask which API should i use? Please help me to find the solution. I have read the documentation but did not get the point. If anyone guides me it would be appreciated. Thanks ALL>

icon

Best answer by Vignesh Ponnusamy 17 April 2024, 22:55

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@tahayabali Examples in this article should help.
https://help.acumatica.com/(W(40))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=e3e19ea8-4b3e-40e6-954b-1d51e1426062 

Userlevel 2

Also, if you specifically need to insert/update records on the Attributes tab of the Customer, then the endpoint entity in this screenshot is what you’re looking for.

And if you’re updating the Attributes records for an existing Customer, then you can follow this specific article (Update a Customer) from the linked posted by @ruchikasharma23, just replace any usage of “BillingContact” with “Attributes” and then specify the “Attributes” fields you want to update.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thankyou all, That help me alot. Can i do it in python put request or only Post man ?

Userlevel 2

Thankyou all, That help me alot. Can i do it in python put request or only Post man ?

As long as it’s a valid HTTP request and your credentials to the site are valid, then you can do it from Python, Postman, or any other REST API framework in any language.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@tahayabali 
You should be able to achieve this in the language of your choice. We have example of implementation in C# and Java
https://github.com/Acumatica/AcumaticaRESTAPIClientForCSharp
https://github.com/Acumatica/Java-based-REST-API

Userlevel 2
Badge

Does it only accept JSON format or can I choose? For example, if I want to transfer data from my local database to the attributes tab in Acumatica. For instance, if a customer's email is 'xyz' in my local database and I only want to update the email field.

I am considering structuring the code flow like this: to retrieve data from the Customer form and update only the fields that I want to, leaving the other data unchanged. Is it possible to do that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@tahayabali,

Yes, it is possible to update only the specific. Pass the fields that you need to modify in the JSON, along with the key fields. The input should be JSON, it is not possible to switch the request payload format. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks. If i need to create new DAC and put the whole data of customer over there. Any guide or blog on how to create DAC and put data accordingly? Thanks in advance. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved