Solved

Time Card / Time Activity Release Workflow

• 10 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there - We are a construction company that is new to Acumatica.  Our employees recently started entering time into Acumatica through Employee Time Cards.  I am seeking feedback on what the appropriate workflow should be for releasing the time to ultimately post to the GL.   Right now our workflow is:

→ Employee completes the Time Card → submits the Time Card for approval → Time Card is approved → we then “Process the Time Activity” via “Release Time Activities” → then Release the Project Transaction generated from the processed Time Activity.

This process seems to work well for processing the time through to a Project and GL posting, but I’ve noticed that the Time Card remains in a “Approved” status rather than “Released”.   

I suspect it may be that I am mixing the Time Card workflow with the Time Activity workflow and that I should “Release Time Cards” rather than “Process/Release Time Activity”.  If this is the case than I am additionally seeking guidance on what the difference is between Time Activity functionality versus Time Card functionality.

Thanks,
Mark

icon

Best answer by Anacarina Calvo 10 March 2023, 10:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @markagnew 
The Time Card is a weekly grouper of Time Activities. 
The system allows you to either work with Activities on its own or Time Cards. If you work with Time Activities you would review the work on the Employee Time Activities form and then release on the Release Time Activities form. If instead you work with Time Cards, you review the work on the Employee Time Cards form and release the work on the Release Time Cards form. Using the Release Time Cards screen will release the Activities in addition to the Time Card. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @markagnew 

I would recommned having a look at the following HELP articles as well:

https://help-2022r2.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=7bad82ce-b6ea-4b5c-beab-4083eb3e299a

https://help-2022r2.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=33906ce9-340d-42f0-bb63-25d8fe3f88b7

Badge +18

Hello,

Considering your question and Anacarina’s explanation, I think your new workflow looks like this:

• Employee enters and submits timecard
  • Approver approves timecard
  • Someone releases timecard (the approver or the biller).

To give you an idea of when Time Activities are useful: we use them for Support Cases.  While working on a support case, I can use the Activity to track my time, or manually enter my time.  Then I enter the solution and close the Case. At the end of the week when I enter my timecard, all the work I did on Case Activities appears already typed into my Timesheet “like magic”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @markagnew ,

I have tried following steps and got released status for timecard.

• I have created Employee Time Card with adding records in Detail tab on Employee Time Card screen → Submits the Time Card.
  • Go to employee Time Activities screen →The status for time activity is pending approval →Remove hold and save the time activity.
  • Go to Approve Time Activities screen → Approve activity.
  • Go to Employee Time Card screen → Approve and Release the timecard and confirm that status is changed to Released.

Regards,

Sweta

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved