Solved

Project Levels for tracking costs

• 22 April 2024
  • 3 replies

What are the  most levels you can track costs at the Project Level. The actual project module NOT the construction module.   I am aware with construction by design has levels.  In project I am attempting to configure for a marine company that treats customers with multiple vessels as projects whereby the project would be the customer,  task would be ships(vessels)  and a third level is required and would have to be an account group hyphenated with a what they use as a cliff code.

Where construction would facilitate the 3rd level, I am not seeing that in projects.

icon

Best answer by iqraharrison48 22 April 2024, 21:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ASarkisian35 you could use inventory items or cost codes to add additional level to the budget.  cost codes will need to be enabled on the enable/disable screen

Badge +18

Hello,

Have you considered segmenting the Task code to represent Vessel-Cliff Code?

V1 - CC1

V1 - CC2

V1 - CC3 etc.

Laura

We considered that option but we were concerned about the growth of that list in start up and then as the company grew.  Also, if the task is the last level and the company eventually requires that last level for another reason, the implications are considerable.

Thank you for the input.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved