Forecasting in Acumatica

• 11 September 2020
  • 34 replies

Show first post

34 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Angela,

I present Cost Projections often and the main comment I receive is that prospects need this information to flow into the WIP report.  I know it can currently flows into the Bonding Report but they want the WIP option as well.  Possibly a variation of the WIP based on the latest projections.

Thanks,

Kathy

Userlevel 3

Hi Angela,

I am open to a call on creating mutiple forecasts at a time. My email is dcote@asc-partners.com

Thanks,

Derek

Userlevel 1
Badge

Please feel free to contact me.  Not today.  I am doing a Lunch and Learn.

Userlevel 2

@mcoman - Thank you for your candid reply. Would you be open to scheduling a call so we can learn more about the challenges and the expected workflows? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

We have a client who uses the forecasting extensively and is hindered by Acumatica’s lack of functionality.  The numbers won’t even multiply.  When you spread the budget evenly, Acumatica can’t do that correctly.  We are hoping that we can get them into the Velixo product but in the mean time back to spreadsheets and email.  

Userlevel 2

@pchappell19 and @dcote70 - Thank you for sharing your feedback. I will pass along the idea of short recordings and create backlog items for the additional columns.

@dcote70 - Would you be open to scheduling a call so we can learn more about your clients workflow for creating multiple project budget forecasts at the same time? 

Userlevel 3

One of our clients is using Project Budget Forecasting pretty heavily actually. The primary need for this is to report on project budget to actuals on a monthly trend basis. 

For the most part, it works very well for them. The only point I would bring up is the ability to create forecasts for multiple projects at a time. If you need to create many forecasts, doing this one by one can be very time consuming.

We kicked around the idea of import scenarios, but this has also proven to be difficult as well.

The other solution is Velixo’s project budget forecast import. This is fantastic, but not all clients will subscribe to Velixo.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Unless working with an architect/engineer or developer, don’t use budget forecasting very often.  Of course, in those sub verticals, it’s very important.  I do show cost projections on every construction demo.

Specific to cost projections, since this is often a weekly/monthly exercise, the following would be helpful:

• Add Columns to include:
    • Last Projected Amount
    • Weekly/Monthly Cost to Date

BTW, it would be super to have Sales/Training videos for all functionality as it’s added.  I understand this is a “big ask” but would certainly help the Partners and the customer.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved