Solved

Deleting duplicate customer

• 7 February 2022
  • 4 replies

I have entered a customer that was already in our System  I tried to delete it and got an error message that only in planning or canceled customers can be deleted.  I changed the status to canceled but i still get the same message when trying to delete.  Can anyone help with how to delete it?

icon

Best answer by vkumar 8 February 2022, 01:25

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @DTanguilig 

Can you please share the trace for the error? 

An alternate way to delete the record is to run the dbscript to delete the Customer record.

DBScript

delete from BAccount where AcctCD='CustomerName'

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @DTanguilig  Can you please also, let us know that Customers duplicated based on the what criteria.

is this Considered by Email ID?  

Do you have any Sales Orders and attached payments to that Customer, that you are deleting?

If any transactions are created with that Customer, you can not delete them. You can just Inactivate that customer.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@DTanguilig , just to add, if the customer has a historical transaction you will not be able to delete the account. You can update the status to inactive but since the customer has history you cannot delete them. This could be the issue but send us the stack trace and we can confirm. 

Thanks,

Eric

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @DTanguilig 

As mentioned above, trace log will help you identify the entities to which the customer may be linked. 

Its NOT recommended to delete such records at database level as it leads to data integrity issues. 

Here is how the Trace log looks with detailed reference of Customer to entities where it has been used.

Regards,

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved