Cost Projections not calculating properly when importing Excel file

• 8 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

We are experiencing an odd behavior related to the cost projections module, Projected Completed (%), and importing previous revisions. I’ll try my best to explain this one…

When I import an Excel file that has Projected Completed (%) already populated from a previous revision… certain rows (screenshot below) aren’t adding up properly. It shows 100% complete, but why is there still values in the Projected Quantity to Complete (11.22)

If I manually override that 0 and enter ‘1’  in the Projected Cost to Complete, this happens. Gets closer to the real number. 

Then if I switch it BACK to 0… it’s correct.

I have seen other odd behaviors where it’ll be marked as 100% completed but there is still a Projected Cost to Complete therefore it throws off quantities remaining…

Like this one - because it’s 100% there shouldn’t be anything in the Projected Cost to Complete column?

The reason we’re exporting / importing right now is so that project managers can create a revision each week and not have to re-establish Projected Completed (%) each time but update actual costs. I know this is slated to address in 2023 R1 but figured I’d bring light to this issue as well.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@brandontfrank  Thanks for bringing this up. It is much better to make a case for issues like this so we get visibility and can escalate to development to find a root cause and fix.  Would you mind entering a case please.  Thank you.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved