Solved

Combining fields in a GI column

• 16 February 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am building a GI and want to create a formula to add two fields as one.  I am trying to crete output of the vendor ID with the PO Number.  I would also like to add a space between the two records.

I am using the POOrder Object.  I have placed the following in the Data Field =Concat([POOrder.VendorID],[POOrder.OrderNbr])

This returns the following error where 21-200379 is the PO.OrderNbr

Not sure where to go from here.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 17 February 2022, 14:44

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @KempOdell68  Please use the below formula to combine fields.

= Cstr([POOrder.VendorID]) + ‘ - ’ + [POOrder.OrderNbr])

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Naveen B Thank you for the response.  I am receiving the following validation error using this formula.

I have tried moving the parentheses as well, but still receive the same message.

Where is the best resource for the formulas used in GIs?

Thanks,

Kemp

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @KempOdell68  Both formulas are working for me.

=Concat(  CStr ([POOrder.VendorID]) ,' - ' , [POOrder.OrderNbr] )

= CStr( [POOrder.VendorID]) + '-' + [POOrder.OrderNbr]

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Naveen B Thank you for the response.  I am receiving the following validation error using this formula.

I have tried moving the parentheses as well, but still receive the same message.

Thanks,

Kemp

There is a parenthesis issue on the above formula, hence you got that issue. 

You might be copy-pasted the formula, hence single quotes work differently. Can you please provide manually and verify

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Naveen B Thanks for the quick reply.  Both of these formulas work for me now.  But, I am getting a numeric value for the Vendor ID.  I am trying to get the alphanumeric Vendor ID that is displayed in Acumatica.

Thanks,

Kemp

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks,

Kemp

There is a parenthesis issue on the above formula, hence you got that issue. 

You might be copy-pasted the formula, hence single quotes work differently. Can you please provide manually and verify

@Naveen B Typing in the formula did resolve the validation issue.  I still get the numeric value for the vendor id instead of the displayed vendor id. 

Example: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@KempOdell68  Please use the below formula to get the VendorCD instead of VendorID.

= [Vendor.AcctCD] + ' - ' + [POOrder.OrderNbr]

Userlevel 1
Badge

@KempOdell68  Please use the below formula to get the VendorCD instead of VendorID.

= [Vendor.AcctCD] + ' - ' + [POOrder.OrderNbr]

Thanks @Naveen B .  I did not think about using the field from the vendor file.

Thanks,

Kemp

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@KempOdell68  Understood. POOrder table will SAVE only the ID values, if we wanted to get the CD value, we need to fetch it from the respective main table. Here it is Vendor  ;) 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved