Solved

Cannot generate the time and material invoice

• 23 January 2024
  • 20 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi, we just implemented the Payroll into our system and now when we run the invoice for customer it generated the labor hours from both time card (PM) and Payroll (PR). So the new formula come up but it has some issues that we don’t know why.

Can some one give us a solution for it ?

Thanks 

Our billing rule and the issue we had

icon

Best answer by trungrigshop 25 January 2024, 19:57

View original

20 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I’m having trouble seeing the full error because it’s chopped off in the second screen shot.

I think you are saying, billing works but duplicates the employee hours when the Quantity for step 1 is simplified, such as [PMTran.BillableQty].  

Does the Line Quantity formula validate successfully in Billing Rules screen?

Billing Rules screen

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Laura02, Our billing rule work but duplicate in the formula in picture below, the billing rule cannot generate the invoice is the formula from previous picture and error also in my last comment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@trungrigshop  try this formula -  iif([PMTran.OrigModule]='PR',[PMTran.BillableQty]*0,@Price).  The reason this is happening is because there was a reversal entry done and the reversal part is excluded from the billing rule.  We are working on this.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Heidi Dempsey, So you want to me to add that formula in the original formula right ? 

Like this  =iif([PMTran.OrigModule]='PR',[PMTran.BillableQty]*0,@Price),(Round([PMTran.BillableQty],2)*100)) ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@trungrigshop  If you are using @price otherwise use your *100?    

Userlevel 3
Badge

I will try and get back to you soon

Thanks @Heidi Dempsey 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Heidi Dempsey, I try the new formula like what you gave and another error pop up .

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@trungrigshop  did you validate formula?  Can you try it without the rounding piece and see if you still get the error?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Heidi Dempsey  I did remove the round piece and validated but it getting the same error 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@trungrigshop   I tested this one -  =Round(iif([PMTran.OrigModule]='PR',[PMTran.BillableQty]*0,[PMTran.BillableQty]*2),2)   This will multiply by 0 if the PM tran is from Payroll, if not it will multiply by 2, so change those values to what you would like.  I added the rounding too.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks @Heidi Dempsey, I will try right now

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @Heidi Dempsey, I still getting the same error with the formula you provided. I also validated and it passed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@trungrigshop   I tested 23R2.  What version are you on?  Have you checked the trace?  Please try to just have =[pmtran.amount]  and if you still get the error it is not due to the formula so we would need to look at other things.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Heidi Dempsey , I’m using 23R1 and the PMtran.amount and PMtran.billableqty also getting the same issue, It seems to weird cause I use thr PMtran.billableqty before and it work fine. I also attach the picture of trace below 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@trungrigshop   Keep the formula for a future project, but for this one, a case will need to be entered so we can escalate.  The error is not related to the formula.  I will see the case when it comes in and I will take a look. Please include credentials, which project, and if we can test on that project to see the issue.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Heidi Dempsey, Our system consultant contacted and I’m working with them right now to solve the issue. I will get back to you soon.

Thanks for helping !

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Heidi Dempsey , the solution is very simple. Just Uncheck all aggerate transaction by and it will be go through.

I don’t know if I uncheck that will cause more issue or not but I have not see any consequence so far. material and labor were generated in the invoice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@trungrigshop Thank you for the update.  Maybe it was a specific transaction that could not aggregate.  Glad it worked.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks for spend time to help @Heidi Dempsey 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@trungrigshop  You are welcome.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved