Allocation Rule Conditions

• 29 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello all,

i have been working on Allocation rules. And I have a scenario where I would like to post the Project Allocations based on different Account groups. So it is like,

if the LABOR A/c group is run then the allocation rule shall calculate the Amount as PMtran.Amount * 3 and if the COSOTH A/c group is run then the allocation rule shall calculate the Amount as PMTran.Amount. 

I have created the allocation rule as follows:

For Labor

So when an Employee time card is created the Allocation rule would run automatically.

Similarly for the Step ID = 20:

Another rule Account group

Now I want to create a separate transaction & GL posting for Step ID 10 & 110. How can I achieve that?

I have created an Unbilled AR rule that will calculate and post for Step ID 10. That is working fine as required. And now I created an Unbilled Travel rule that will calculate and post for Step ID 110 - for travel but it doesnt generate Project transaction & GL posting of type PM. It only generates of AP type.

Can anyone guide me out in this?

Thanks in advance.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Harry I notice you do not have Create Allocation Transaction checked, which is what drives creating the PM Transaction.  I also do not see an Amount formula.  On the GL Transaction you can drill down to View Source Document.  Please reach out to your VAR for assistance on Allocation rules.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @Heidi Dempsey ,

this is what i have setup:

Now when I release Expense claim for an employee, my debit and credit accounts highlighted above are not getting affected. i am looking to get them affected once the expense claim is released. Or what alternative can we use instead of Expense Claim?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved