Acumatica Professional Service Edition

• 1 February 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi, I currently work for an engineering firm that in the last few years started a construction company. We are currently using the Acumatica Construction Edition since 2020. This week on the first day of the Acumatica Summit  Keynote there was mention that in 2024 Acumatica was going to be releasing a new edition for Professional Services. Would there be any way I can receive further information or sign up to test and provide feedback this new edition to provide feedback?

We have made certain modification to our Acumatica software that would greatly help the Professional Services edition such as parent and child project. using generic inquiry and dashboard we can better drill down on project information but two items that are missing schduling (which I hear it maybe being worked on) and subtask / better level of granularity on task.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@freboredo   Acumatica 2024 R1 Beta | Community  Check out this link.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@freboredo   Acumatica 2024 R1 Beta | Community  Check out this link.

Thanks, I will download it on our test environment.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Heidi Dempsey I’ve reviewed the release notes in that link.  I am not seeing anything in the notes about Professional Services Edition.  Can you provide further details or direction?  Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@debbiereed72  In the Keynote on day 1, they announced it will be available later this year.

Here is a link to watch  Acumatica Summit 2024 | January 28-31 at Wynn Las Vegas

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Heidi, I did watch the keynote.. was hoping to see more information somewhere!  ;)

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

@freboredo - The only public release of information is this press release:
https://www.acumatica.com/corporate-newsroom/press-releases/acumatica-launches-new-era-of-business-growth-and-product-expansion-at-summit-2024/

And the keynote as others have shared:
https://summit.acumatica.com/

Userlevel 4
Badge

@jameshSo do you, or anyone else, know whether or not this is simply a “re-branding” by Acumatica of their current Projects modules, or is this a totally and completely *new* module specifically for companies that perform Time & Billing?  For example, similar to what Lawyers and Accountants would use to track and bill their time with?  (ie. Something like Clockify)

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

@jameshSo do you, or anyone else, know whether or not this is simply a “re-branding” by Acumatica of their current Projects modules, or is this a totally and completely *new* module specifically for companies that perform Time & Billing?  For example, similar to what Lawyers and Accountants would use to track and bill their time with?  (ie. Something like Clockify)

@NetAdmin42 - From the keynote, it appears to be an expansion of their already existing modules into a new module package…  “The Professional Services Edition will be built on Acumatica’s project accounting and robust billing and scheduling capabilities”. That being said, the fact that it’s not complete yet would suggest it’s not a rebranding.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@NetAdmin42 - From the keynote, it appears to be an expansion of their already existing modules into a new module package…  “The Professional Services Edition will be built on Acumatica’s project accounting and robust billing and scheduling capabilities”. That being said, the fact that it’s not complete yet would suggest it’s not a rebranding.

Based on the information above it would appear its based off the current Acumatica Project module. Currently there is no scheduling capabilities for projects so this would be new and some information on scheduling could be found in the idea below. We currently have the construction edition and as @NetAdmin42 wrote the time and expense billings needs improvement for consulting firms.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved