Solved

Session Timeout on cloud based deployment

• 10 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

How can we increase the time before a use time’s out in a cloud based deployment of Acumatica?

We do not have direct access to the servers since it is a cloud deployment.

icon

Best answer by alicezyks51 23 June 2022, 18:20

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Per our VAR, the timeout default for the cloud based solution is either 45 or 60 minutes. We requested that they increase ours to 90 minutes. (Done through a service request to Acumatica support as it requires a restart of our site. They were able to do the update and restart overnight.)

Note: Users with multiple windows open may still experience timeout messages if they are not actively using a given window. This generally doesn’t require them to login again - can fixed by refreshing the page.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Acumatica actually made an improvement here since I made this original post.  We now have control by unchecking this box and setting it as we like.  Thank you Acumatica!

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I would note that this is an annoyance of the current client-server model in Acumatica (timeout if no I/O between client and server, even if user is actively engaging with the the site). This is another place where SignalR can come to the rescue with minimal coding overhead...

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Additional information about system timeouts can be found here: 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved