Solved

Sales Order Send Email Issue

• 5 March 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I'm encountering an email related issue  with two users who have identical permissions. Both users have access to the Sales Order module (and all other permissions match) and are attempting to send emails from the Sales Order screen using the "Send Email" button. However, the behavior differs between the two users.

One user, upon clicking the "Send Email" button, is presented with a popup containing an email template where they can edit sender information, recipient details, and compose a message. Meanwhile, the other user experiences no response upon clicking the same button, even after ensuring that pop-up blockers are disabled.

To investigate further, I logged in as both users on my machine, and indeed, observed the discrepancy in interaction behavior. Additionally, I have reviewed all email settings to ensure that neither user has automated emails configured.

Lastly we are working in 2023 R2 currently for an upgrade. This is one of the last remaining issues we have to figure out before moving it to production. Any assistance in troubleshooting this issue would be greatly appreciated. Las

icon

Best answer by darylbowman 6 March 2024, 21:24

View original

8 replies

Badge +11

Have you checked browser extensions?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Have you checked browser extensions?

I logged in as both users on my computer with the same browser. One login works fine, the other doesn’t function the same way. I did a trace log to and didn’t see anything different or erroring out. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

I do get this error when I click the Email Customer “The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address.” For all my users when trying to email. 

However, when I go into preview a Sales Order or other forms, I have one user (myself) who can click Send and the email template format comes up. However, all other users nothing happens. Again I looked at permissions and mimicked that. I get no error...any thoughts?

Is there an auto send on users or employees accounts that I could be missing? 

Badge +11

What screen is that first screenshot from?

Userlevel 3
Badge

That’s from the Sales Order Screen, I just have a favorite that has Email Customer on my top row above my Sales Order information. 

Badge +11

What version are you on? I don’t have that option. Is there any chance this is a customized or entirely custom action?

Userlevel 3
Badge

I am brand new at the company and after you just mentioned that I did some quick research and it looks like it is customized. This one is erroring out and I need to look into that. However, the second screenshot this isn’t custom I believe. For me when I hit send, it pops up the email box. But for all other users they don’t get anything...no pop up blocker on, I have tried it on my machine where it works for me. 

Thank you for putting me into the customization route. 

Badge +11

You’re right, the ‘Send’ action is not custom. I’m going to be honest, I don’t know a good reason why you’d be seeing this behavior.

When you say you’ve set up identical permissions, is this by assigning those users to the same roles you are in or something else? If this, have you removed them from any roles you are not a part of?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved