Solved

New Site - Delete Tenant 2/ Remove Demo Data

• 17 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone,

We have just launched a new sit for a client. Client has access to 1 licensed and active tenant.

We had initially loaded demo sales data into the new site to allow for end users to play around, practice and test the system before we begin actual configuration and data load for the client.

We are now ready to load client's actual data from their old ERP. How can I remove the demo data from this tenant?

Am I able to delete tenant 2? will I be able to create another active production tenant?

What would be best practice for this situation?

Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 17 October 2023, 11:31

View original

2 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Best practice is to mark your Demo Tenant as Test tenant and create a new Live (empty) tenant to hold your client’s migrated data.

I recommend leaving the Sales Demo - your client will still need a practice area. Yes, you will be able to add a new tenant to hold their ‘real’ data.

Change Demo to Test Tenant

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @BobbySandhu 

You can create a new tenant and copy the settings https://www.crestwood.com/2018/10/24/creating-a-new-tenant-by-copying-settings-from-another-tenant/#:~:text=Select%20the%20Tenant%20ID%20you,are%20only%20exporting%20the%20settings.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved