Solved

MySQL Column Width Bug

• 10 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

We're having the issue described below with Acumatica and cannot find a solution. We have an open ticket and Acumatica support has been sporadically working on it for several weeks now but no answer. They can't reproduce it and so have done a screen share to look at it on my machine, but to no avail. Posting here in hopes that someone can help

We've tried a fresh install on other computers and get the same error.

Environment:
Acumatica 2021 R2
MySQL 8.0.26 Community on Windows Server 2019 Standard

When adjusting the column width of a GI, the following error message is thrown:

I have tried various combinations of charsets on the database to no avail. I have also tried different column types with the same result

Here is the database character setup:

The database:

The table:

This Stackoverflow article may shed some light:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37062643/incorrect-string-value-mysql-issue-when-inserting-utf8-text-into-a-latin1-col

icon

Best answer by Freeman Helmuth 11 November 2021, 20:37

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Update: Don't try MySQL 8.0+ Stick with 5.7. It works great.

We've downgraded and the issue went away

Userlevel 4
Badge

For some reason my images of the collations are not posting

I’ve tried setting up the database/table/column collations as UTF8, utf8mb4, latin1 and several others with 0% success.

Per another members research,  this may be an issue with the way columns are named in MySQL. Acumatica is using a MySQL reserved name:

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved