Solved

Modify Sales Order Subaccount for Sales Orders Systemically

• 3 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

On some of our sales order, we have large system orders (perhaps 1% of orders) where are controller has the requirement that we post to a different subaccount than a common replacement or re-ordering of a part order. We default our sales account - subaccount to our prevalent replacement/re-ordering account (99% of orders). 

Our posting class for our items defaults to the inventory item entry for the sales account and the sale account subaccount.

Questions: 

1. I see a couple of "out of the box" actions available for sales orders where one can modify the sales order lines systemically (e.g. recalculate pricing). I suppose there is no other way than to have our order entry staff to manually enter the subaccount for these system orders manually on each line, right?

2. We do our quoting of our large system orders on an Excel spreadsheet even though we our using the Project Accounting module within Acumatica with a line by line breakdown of items and their quantities. We envisioned loading these quotes from our quoting departments quotes into our sales orders.

We tested the idea of including the sales account and the sales account subaccount (with its non-defaulted subaccount) and we did not see the sales account or the subaccount in the columns available to map. I suppose this is just not an option (with respect to the "special" subaccount, right)?

3. I suppose an import scenario to upload these large system orders (e.g. 20 to 60 order lines) with their "special" sales order subaccounts could be a possible way to address this requirement, right? 

4. Lastly, if we found this import scenario approach to resolving this change to the subaccount unacceptable, I suppose we could create a customized action which performs this subaccount update, right? 

icon

Best answer by Laura02 3 March 2024, 14:10

View original

2 replies

Badge +18

Hello @PatrickBacon ,

1. You said, “controller has the requirement that we post to a different subaccount than a common replacement or re-ordering of a part order” -- is the subaccount changed in a predictable way, in the 1% of different orders? If the subaccount is always changed to the same new subaccount, or if the subaccount predictably comes from the Branch, Employee, Customer, Salesperson, Warehouse, etc. then a Custom Order Type may help you.

Do you have Custom Order Types feature turned on?

Enable Custom Order Types

Next, copy the existing order type, and change the posting configurations on your new order type to fit your special orders.:

Change Posting Subaccount masks to fit the 1% requirement
  1. I can see Account and Subaccount on Sales Orders/Sales Order Quotes. If you cannot see Account/Subaccount then use Column Configurator Button to expose them, push them with circled arrow from the left to the right pane:
Add Account and Subaccount to Sales Orders/Quotes
  1. Yes, you may use an Import Scenario.  Sales Order/Quote lines may also be imported using simpler method “Import from File” circled in Pink in the above screenshot.
  2. Customizations are always the last option, yes. 😉

Laura

Userlevel 1

Hi Laura, 

Your answer to question one should meet our needs and we are taking steps to get this set-up and tested ASAP.

Thank you!!!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved