Solved

How to create Cases based on subject line or keywords within email body

• 14 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

First, I think I know the answer to this question, but I need confirmation.

IF I want to setup where I create a Case in Acumatica with a specific Case Class based on incoming emails with certain Subject Line headings or even Keywords in the email body, *must* I use and enable the Service Management Module/Feature?

Or can I do that without Service Management, and if so where do I set that sort of configuration?

Thank you,

Jeff

icon

Best answer by darylbowman 15 March 2024, 14:50

View original

2 replies

Badge +11

Acumatica allows creating Cases from emails to a certain email account, if the email isn’t already tied to a Case, using System Email Accounts:

You possibly could also achieve something like this using Business Events, which would allow more specific rules.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@darylbowman Thank you Daryl.  I knew about that, however, that is only based on the recipient “TO” email address.  This particular client wanted to create a case based on the Subject line, (for example).  I did not think there was a method to do that other than using the service module. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved