Solved

Creating new role and assigning to user issue

• 22 April 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello All,

I have created a new role, but when it comes to assigning this role to a user, Acumatica doesn’t display the list of all the users. It only displays Admin & Acumatica support users. How can i assign this role to other users?

I tried using the User Types screen too, but the there it doesn’t display this particular role:

icon

Best answer by Harshita 23 April 2024, 14:56

View original

8 replies

Badge +18

Hello @Harshita ,

How was the new Role created?  Was it created simply by typing into User Roles screen?

If yes, is your system customized?  If yes, please try creating the role and assigning it to users with customizations temporarily un-published. This exercise will rule out customizations as the cause of strange behavior.

Are you logged in as an administrator when creating the Role and assigning Users? If not, please try logging in as Administrator, to rule out problems with your access rights.

I am able to manually create a role of the same name in my sales demo and I can see all users. I tested in version 2024 R1.  It may be helpful to know your version.

Thank you.

Laura

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello @Harshita ,

How was the new Role created?  Was it created simply by typing into User Roles screen?

If yes, is your system customized?  If yes, please try creating the role and assigning it to users with customizations temporarily un-published. This exercise will rule out customizations as the cause of strange behavior.

Are you logged in as an administrator when creating the Role and assigning Users? If not, please try logging in as Administrator, to rule out problems with your access rights.

I am able to manually create a role of the same name in my sales demo and I can see all users. I tested in version 2024 R1.  It may be helpful to know your version.

Thank you.

Laura

Hey @Laura02 ,

I had simply created by typing into the User Roles screen by logging into the admin account. The build version is 23R2.

I also tried to create simply by typing in the sales Demo tenant, but it shows the same for me:

Badge +18

Hello,

Please try creating the role and assigning it to users with customizations temporarily un-published. This exercise will rule out customizations as the cause of strange behavior.

Thank you,

Laura

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello,

Please try creating the role and assigning it to users with customizations temporarily un-published. This exercise will rule out customizations as the cause of strange behavior.

Thank you,

Laura

The Sales demo instance doesn’t have any customizations published. I created a new role by logging into as an administrator & just by typing.
I even tried to navigate to the Access Rights by Roles screen, and setting up the access rights to Delete to one of the screens:

But its still the same.

Badge +18

Hello,

If your sales demo tenants is located on the same URL as customized tenants, then it’s possible that customizations could be having an impact on Sales Demo tenant. 

Are you saying, your Sales Demo is running on your local machine, separate from any tenant that has customizations applied?

Did new roles work before, and now they don’t? If yes, what changed since roles last worked normally in this tenant?

You may need raise a ticket with Acumatica. Hopefully others will post here with more ideas…

Laura

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello,

If your sales demo tenants is located on the same URL as customized tenants, then it’s possible that customizations could be having an impact on Sales Demo tenant. 

Are you saying, your Sales Demo is running on your local machine, separate from any tenant that has customizations applied?

Did new roles work before, and now they don’t? If yes, what changed since roles last worked normally in this tenant?

You may need raise a ticket with Acumatica. Hopefully others will post here with more ideas…

Laura

Hey @Laura02 , I just figured this out. I actually had to add the role using the ‘+’ icon under the user Type screen manually and this was the point that I was missing out.

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions !!

Badge +18

Nice Job!

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @Harshita!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved