Question

Business Events - Action Execution object reference not set to an instance of an object

• 28 February 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello. I am currently trying to create a business event to execute the "Update Inventory" action whenever a new record appears in a General Query. Unfortunately, it's not working and I am receiving the error from the title. Can someone help?

This is my Action Subscriber:

Any suggestions? The action does trigger a popup when activated, so I suspect that might be part of the issue. However, since other actions such as “Prepare Invoice” also failed, I’m uncertain.

Help would be appreciated.

Business Event History:

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Update: I can confirm that this error appears not only in the Haufe X360 Version but also on 2023 R1 in Acumatica:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Can you share the import scenario or screenshot of it. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hej @dcomerford 
it’s not using a import scenario as “Action Execution” is a new subscriber for business events that don’t imply the need of import scenarios.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@jwestermann17 Sorry missed that unsure as never really use the Actions could you try using an import scenario instead to run the Update IN

Userlevel 3
Badge

@dcomerford 

It works with an import scenario as intended, but i’d still like to know why it doesn’t work with the newer Actions. System Monitor gives this error: 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @jwestermann17 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi!

I have the same error message too but with PREPARE INVOICE action of Shipments form.

Does anybody know why?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi!

I have the same error message too but with PREPARE INVOICE action of Shipments form.

Does anybody know why?

Hello, the Haufe X360 support team has indicated that the "trigger by action" function on the shipment screen is missing a NULL check. This issue is scheduled to be resolved in the Acumatica 24.101 update, or it can be addressed sooner through a customization project.

​​​​​
Greetings

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank you @jwestermann17 but i tried in an Acumatica  Build 24.101.0059 instance and it didnt work. 

This is the BE configuration:

And here is the Action Execution configuration:

Do you see something wrong?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved