Solved

creating an InventoryIssue via REST API

• 27 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

hello folks so i have a service which is supposed to create an InventoryIssue using IN302000, with the help of an API call on a custom endpoint:

I didn’t find an existing Contract , so I created an custom one named InventoryIssue, quite similar to InventoryReceipt.

different actions and details:

And I tried this PUT call in Postman:

put inventoryIssue request:

The response is what I expected, with a ReferenceNbr

but when I try the POST for ReleasingFromHold with this ReferenceNbr as parameter, it does not remove the hold of that specific ReferenceNbr, rather it creates a new Issue,

POST req with the ReferenceNbr, response is 204.

this is what the necessary actions look like

I have been following the integration development guide till now to create the different entities and details.

So if anyone can help me figure out why me calling the ReleaseFromHold does not removes hold from the previous PUT request, but rather create a new InventoryIssue?

icon

Best answer by jinin 28 February 2023, 06:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jdeol ,

I’ve created an Action “INReleaseFromHold” (We can give any name) and checked with the below mentioned endpoint request. It works for me. Please review.

Url:entity/EndpointName/20.200.001/InventoryIssue/INReleaseFromHold

Method: POST

Request:

{
"entity": {

"ReferenceNbr": {
"value": "004640"
}
},
"parameters": {}
}

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @jinin ,

It turns I just has to name the name of the action different than the ReleaseFromHold, and it worked finally.

I think I just can’t keep the name of the action same as the mapped action.

Thanks for the quick response.

Cheers,

JDeol

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jdeol 

We can use the same action name and mapped name. I used the same action name on the sales order entity. So got an error. That's why I changed the Action name for the Inventory Issue.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved