I want to share the resources my team is using when troubleshooting performance problems.
- The Troubleshooting Performance help article we use as the base, it is a good idea to share it with your support resources.
- Checking the licensing monitoring console can give you an overview of changes in the data volume trends. For more info, refer to the License Monitoring Console help article.
- Sometimes there are specific product issues that affect performance. For example, the most recent one we discovered
We do our best to post them all in our Knowledge base. All such articles are marked with the
Performance and Monitoringtag and could be found here.
- Based on our monthly review of performance-related issues during the last 12 months, ~ 40% of performance problems are caused by user actions like operations with snapshots during business hours, GIs with wrong joins, customizations that are not tested in the sandbox.
- We recommend covering the necessity of performing any snapshot related operations after business hours during the user training as well as testing GIs and customizations on testing environment before going to production.