Solved

Help Finding an API Timeout Problem

• 29 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Hoping to find some quick help here.  Thanks in advance to anyone willing to lend some advice.  Can anyone give me some advice on how to find this API that is timing out every 10 minutes?

We have an API running in the background that is timing out and slowing our system significantly.  I know the user that it is assigned to it by looking in System Monitor under “System Events” it doesn’t give me a screen ID or much information at all.  I’ve posted the information I can see below.  Can anyone offer any advice on how identify this “API-ML” and fix the timeout problem?

And is my assumption correct that this process is a Machine Learning Application Programming Interface?

CurrentCompany = 
ContextUserIdentity = XXXXXX@Production
ContextScreenId = 
CustomData = [
  {
    "CorrelationID": "8DC08946077156D",
    "ContextID": "6B012D329006598311EE99ED322057CF",
    "TypeOfRequest": "API-ML",
    "ErrorType": "GlobalRequestTimeout",
    "CustomMessage": "Denial Code 508: The system was unable to complete the operation due to timeout constraints. Please try to optimize the operation or contact your provider for further assistance. CorrelationID: 8DC08946077156D; Timestamp: 2023-12-29T17:34:14.6366829Z"
  }
]
SourceContext = ResourceGovernor
EventID = ResourceGovernor_ApiRequestTerminatedEventId

Thanks in Advance!

icon

Best answer by Dmitrii Naumov 2 January 2024, 13:05

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@jacob14 the API-ML thing is internal Acumatica API. 

It is related to the Acumatica ML services, such as smart search, autocompletion, GL anomaly detection, etc. Acumatica triggers some data collection from time to time to adjust its ML models for your needs. So, I’m not sure you can affect this process from your side even if you identify the specific process causing this.

As for the best way to detect slow requests in general, you can use Request Profiler https://help.acumatica.com/(W(13))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=4b2b51fa-eae3-4102-b1f2-d7ee96145174

@Dmitrii Naumov thank you so much!  This helps greatly.  This system is running and timing out every 10 minutes and greatly slowing our system.  I will submit a case to the support team.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved