How guest customer sales orders from eCommerce site like BigCommerce and Shopify are handled in Acumatica?

• 26 October 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

BigCommerce:

eCommerce Admin can choose how the customers should checkout in BigCommerce as shown in the below screenshot. 

1. If the customer decide to checkout as guest a customer account will not be created in BigCommerce. So in Acumatica the Sales Order will be imported with Generic Guest Customer provided in the Store Settings as shown below. If a customer decide to checkout with account details, then a customer account will be created in BigCommerce. And in Acumatica while importing this Sales Order, Commerce connector will create a new customer if the email address doesn't exist already and then link this customer to the sales order. 
  2. Customers are allowed to checkout as guest but BigCommerce will create a customer account as soon as the order is placed and in Acumatica while importing this Sales Order, Commerce connector will create a new customer if the email address doesn't exist already and then link this customer to the sales order. 
  3. Customers cannot checkout as guest in BigCommerce.

Shopify:

eCommerce Admin can choose how the customers should checkout in Shopify as shown in the below screenshot. 

1. Customers can checkout only as a guest, meaning customer cannot create a account in Shopify and hence when the Sales Order for this customer is imported into Acumatica, Commerce connector will use the Generic Guest Customer provided in the Store Settings form as shown below.
  2. If the customer decide to checkout as guest a customer account will not be created in Shopify. So in Acumatica the Sales Order will be imported with Generic Guest Customer provided in the Store Settings as shown below. If a customer decide to checkout with account details, then a customer account will be created in Shopify. And in Acumatica while importing this Sales Order, Commerce connector will create a new customer if the email address doesn't exist already and then link this customer to the sales order. 
  3. Customers cannot checkout as guest in Shopify.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

It is possible to only use the guest customer in Acumatica regardless of whether or not the BC customer creates an account?

@KarthikGajendran - to the question above from @dgodsill97 - is it possible to map all customers to the generic customer (From Shopify, as well) if needed, regardless of the settings in shopify?

Which I think has now been moved to this option:

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@dgodsill97 @kkeating24 

Today you can provide the guest customer in the entities import mapping and the system will always use that customer record for all the sales orders. But there two problems with this. 

1. The system will still import the customer though it is not going to be used in the sales order. 
  2. You cannot disable the Customer entity in the stores form when the Sales Order entity is enabled. 

We are planning to fix this in 24R2 version. 

@KarthikGajendran 

thanks for the quick reply.  Is there a particular setup in the import mapping to get it so that it will NOT overwrite the ‘generic customer’ information with the new customer information?   

I used the following mapping and it overwrote the Generic Customer info with the Shopify Customer Info.  I was hoping that it would just updated the location, do I need to make the primary system “ERP”?:  

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @kkeating24 

Can you please use the below mapping:

With this, all orders coming from Shopify will be created for the guest customer.

Hi @kkeating24 

With this, all orders coming from Shopify will be created for the guest customer.

@tusharpandita74 - yes I can understand that, but how can I get all customers to be the Guest Customer without overriding the Guest Customer header information? 

for Example, if my Guest customer is called  Ecommerce Guest and the address is my company address, the Email is my customer service info.   How can I import a customer (that has an account and email address in Shopify) into the Guest Customer without overwriting the Name, address, email, phone etc? I want it to simply add a location, with that new customer location information, like it would do if it was truly a Shopify Guest Customer.

Hi @kkeating24 

@tusharpandita74 - yes I can understand that, but how can I get all customers to be the Guest Customer without overriding the Guest Customer header information? 

for Example, if my Guest customer is called  Ecommerce Guest and the address is my company address, the Email is my customer service info.   How can I import a customer (that has an account and email address in Shopify) into the Guest Customer without overwriting the Name, address, email, phone etc? I want it to simply add a location, with that new customer location information, like it would do if it was truly a Shopify Guest Customer.

@tusharpandita74  - sorry for the reply, I re-read your response. I understand what you’re doing with this mapping and I think that should provide a solution!  Cheers  -k2

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved