Solved

Zebra Mobile Printers & Acumatica Mobile App Compatibility

• 17 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I’m looking for a fully mobile label printing solution. I’m looking at the zebra zq500 series. It says it is compatible with iOS apps, but would like to confirm that I would be able to print from Acumatica’s iPhone app to one of those printers. If not, could we use a Zebra mobile device to send the print jobs from there?

icon

Best answer by Yuri Karpenko 17 July 2023, 22:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@lawsont , if you’re planning to use DeviceHub for printing, then it doesn’t matter if a printer is compatible with a smartphone. You need to make sure it’s compatible with Windows. The DeviceHub is an app that runs on a Windows machine, is connected on one side to a printer (either through a cable, or through a local network protocol), and on another side - to Acumatica (through HTTPS protocol). When you initiate printing something through your mobile app, you’re basically telling Acumatica: ask DeviceHub to print this document using this printer.

On the other hand, if you need to be able to print directly through a printer tethered to your mobile device, you will need to customize Acumatica and the mobile app to enable that functionality, especially if what you’re trying to print is not a standard HTML and / or PDF file.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks @Yuri Karpenko 

Are there alternatives to using DeviceHub? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@lawsont , an alternative would be to print directly to a printer from a mobile device. If you would like to do this, make sure that the mobile app is generating a file that you can then print using your mobile device. ZQ500 come with some software, that should allow you connecting your iOS device with the printer using bluetooth. But you might need mobile app customization to add a button to generate a file. I hope this helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Yuri Karpenko Thanks! I think we’ll give that a try. We’re also looking at Asgard Labels which seems to boast the mobile printing capabilities as well as some automated printing scenarios. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved