Solved

Numbering Sequence - Extending Business Account to Customer

• 27 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

Here’s the setup - both “business account ID” and “customer ID” have their own numbering sequences.

When I extend business account into a customer, it adopts the numbering sequence of business account, instead of the next customer ID in sequence. 

Is there a way to address this? Open to try all suggestions.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 27 March 2023, 17:36

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Business Accounts including (Vendor, Customer, Employee, Company and Branch) all follow the same Segmentation and Numbering. Unless you have implemented a customization, can you please clarify what do you mean by customer numbering is different? Customer is in fact BA.

Userlevel 1

Business Accounts including (Vendor, Customer, Employee, Company and Branch) all follow the same Segmentation and Numbering. Unless you have implemented a customization, can you please clarify what do you mean by customer numbering is different? Customer is in fact BA.

Thank you for your response. Please see my screenshots here.

What exactly happened was. I wanted to extend business account 6xxx to a customer. I wanted it to have 1xxx as its customer ID, but it had 6xxx instead. I could manually change the customer ID, but having it automatically follow the customer ID numbering sequence is more ideal. Just to confirm - a customization is required to achieve this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Under the hood, the only table keeps the AcctCD is BAccount and it’s derivatives (vendor, customer, …) only keep reference to BAccountID. This means all driven entities have the same account code. For example when you “Extend” a Customer to Vendor or vice versa, they both will have the same Account Code.

Userlevel 3
Badge

We also have this issue.  It doesn’t make sense to have a numbering sequence in use in Customers that is ignored when a Business Account is extended as a customer.  When we extend as a customer, we would want it to change the ID to use the Customer numbering sequence.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved