Solved

Logic with Ship Via Import

• 8 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Any developers here? Do you know the logic of Ship Via import from BigCommerce in 23R1?

We have this weird scenario, where if an order has a shipping method in BC that is not mapped on the BigCommerce Stores > Shipping Methods screen, Acumatica will not throw an error on import, but will use a UPSGROUND shipping method.

We used to have a formula in Sales Orders entities screen for Ship Via, like this:

=iif(InStr([OrderData -> OrderShippingAddresses.ShippingMethod], 'Ground')<>-1,'UPSGROUND',iif(InStr([OrderData -> OrderShippingAddresses.ShippingMethod], 'Standard')<>-1,'UPSSTD',iif(InStr([OrderData -> OrderShippingAddresses.ShippingMethod], 'Early')<>-1,'UPSNDAAM',iif(InStr([OrderData -> OrderShippingAddresses.ShippingMethod], '2nd Day Air')<>-1,'UPS2Day',iif(InStr([OrderData -> OrderShippingAddresses.ShippingMethod], 'Next Day Air')<>-1,'UPSNDA',iif(InStr([OrderData -> OrderShippingAddresses.ShippingMethod], 'Express')<>-1,'UPSWWEXPR',iif(InStr([OrderData -> OrderShippingAddresses.ShippingMethod], 'Wordldwide Sav')<>-1,'UPSWWSAV',iif(InStr([OrderData -> OrderShippingAddresses.ShippingMethod], 'Drop Ship')<>-1,null,iif(InStr([OrderData -> OrderShippingAddresses.ShippingMethod], 'Pickup')<>-1,'WILL CALL','UPSGROUND')))))))))

So, obviously, according to this formula, UPSGROUND is the fallback value, but we’re confused, because this mapping line is not active, and still all the orders with not explicitly mapped Ship Via come in with UPSGROUND.

Could it be that the connector still looks at the formula even though it’s not active?

We’re on 23.113.0042 (and also B2B customization is installed).

@simonliang91 , do you have an opinion on the above?

icon

Best answer by Yuri Karpenko 12 March 2024, 21:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Yuri Karpenko, I think there’s a shipping method mapping in Store setting screen but the mapping is not active, otherwise system will use the active mapping or create a new mapping and throw error. 

The import logic is:

1. Try to find the shipping method mapping in the list
  2. If found and the mapping is active, it will setup the ShipVia with the mapping value
  3. If found but mapping is not active, it will skip the assignment of ShipVia, then their value may come from the custom entity mapping or inherit from Customer’s setting
  4. If not found, system will create a new mapping record and throw error message
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Yuri Karpenko  Could you please check what you have in the Customer Location? If the mappings are inactive it would pick from the Customer Location. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@simonliang91 , @KarthikGajendran  thank you for the explanation. That’s how I thought it worked.

So, in this specific example,

1. It looked at the list and didn’t find it there.
  2. There wasn’t an active mapping
  3. There wasn’t an inactive mapping
  4. Customer Location Ship Via is empty

I’m really tempted now to do a test where I DELETE the mapping rule from the Entities screen. If it doesn’t fix the issue, my next test will be to unpublish the B2B customization and try it again. What do you think?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@simonliang91 , @KarthikGajendran , I’m happy to inform you (even though I’m perplexed by this), that deleting the INACTIVE rule from the Entities screen fixed the issue. Now, if we enter an order that doesn’t have a mapping on the BigCommerce Stores screen, Acumatica throws an error. Before we removed that rule, it would not throw the error, but would apply Ship Via code.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved