Solved

How to fulfill Shopify orders through drop ship PO in Acumatica

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We have drop ship products on our Shopify site - if purchased, the order will sync to Acumatica, a drop ship PO will be created, and then a drop ship receipt once the vendor has confirmed the order has shipped.

Is there a way natively to mark these orders as fulfilled in Shopify? This happens automatically for orders with product we stock and can ship from our own warehouse; a shipment is created and confirmed and the order is marked as fulfilled in Shopify. However, because the drop ship process uses a receipt instead of a shipment document, and there is no place to enter tracking # information in a receipt, we cannot see a way to mark the order as fulfilled in Shopify.

We are currently on 21R1, in the process of upgrading to 23R1; perhaps this has changed in the latest release?

icon

Best answer by Yuri Karpenko 14 July 2023, 21:27

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@mikeho , great question! Once you upgrade to 23R1, this will be handled for you automatically. PO Receipt will serve as a shipment. Vendor Ref will be used as a tracking number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@mikeho , in Sync History it will look like this (note, Receipt keyword for POs, while shipments have just their ID there):

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Yuri Karpenko - That’s great news, thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Yuri Karpenko , Thanks for the hint. In the release notes i didn’t find this improvement - was it developed under the release radar or am i blind? ;)

(https://help.acumatica.com/(W(117))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=258373da-50b0-4c84-94d6-78ab7f28baf1)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@PatrickSchlenker90 , sorry, I don’t monitor release notes. I just happen to know this, since I used this functionality. :) 

Hello, I’m trying to sync drop-shipped items per the above, but am receiving the following error.

This shipment cannot be processed because the shipped quantity of the item might exceed the ordered quantity in the external system. Set the same tracking number for this shipment in the ERP and in the external system or delete this shipment in the external system.

I’ve verified that the quantities in both systems are the same. Any ideas what might be causing this error? We are on 23R1.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Cash4WRA , I’ve see this error before. Since it’s a different topic though, I recommend that you start a new thread on the community site with more details, screenshots, steps, etc.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@mikeho , great question! Once you upgrade to 23R1, this will be handled for you automatically. PO Receipt will serve as a shipment. Vendor Ref will be used as a tracking number.

We have this available in 22R2 as well, however it needs to be mapped while regular shipments don’t need to be mapped. 

We’re we’re running into issues is when we map the the PO Receipt we loose the regular shipment tracking sync. Acumatica recommended doing a if else formula. Any idea how to do that? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Jeff96 , I would try something like this: =iif([BCShipments.ShipmentNumber] = Null, [BCShipments -> POReceipt.VendorRef], [BCShipments.ShipmentNumber])

In this mapping:

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Jeff96 , I would try something like this: =iif([BCShipments.ShipmentNumber] = Null, [BCShipments -> POReceipt.VendorRef], [BCShipments.ShipmentNumber])

In this mapping:

I have a custom field for that, but it’s on the line level. Can I point to that table or does it need to be the header?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Jeff96 , it needs to be on the header for 2 reasons:

1. Credit terms are not line specific (neither in Acumatica, nor in Shopify)
  2. We don’t have access to order line metafields from Shopify.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Jeff96 , it needs to be on the header for 2 reasons:

1. Credit terms are not line specific (neither in Acumatica, nor in Shopify)
  2. We don’t have access to order line metafields from Shopify.

Hope this helps.

We’re talking about tracking, not sure why you’re referencing credit terms order metafields

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Jeff96 , sorry, I have a few conversations going on at the same time :)

But regardless, we don’t have access to PO Receipt Line fields. So you will need to use a header level data. Also, you can’t use custom data natively - that can only be done through a customization.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved