Question

Best way to handle sales tax included in price

• 5 December 2023
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello,

Our company just bought a carwash, and I am working on setting up the transactions.  What are the best ways to handle the sales tax and the credit card fees.  We are a construction company and not as familiar with these types of sales for best practices.  We don’t currently use sales orders for our day to day.

We get credit card deposits each day.  They are all round numbers and include the sales tax and credit card fees.  I want to track the total time based off dollar amounts.  Cash is one price, credit card is another price.  I was going to set up two non-stock items, one for cash, one for credit card.  

Each unit is $1, take sales tax out and its $0.92625.  set the item up as taxable and it works.  But we have to be out 5+ decimal points to make it all work, and/or we are a few pennies off on each transaction.

For the credit card fees we take that off when we apply the payment to the invoice.  

Thanks for your help.

Jeremy

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved