Solved

Using values of Attributes in calculation

• 29 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have the following attribute:

We then use one of these values in Project Quotes:

Now I would like to display a calculation of this Attribute value and the Total Sales value in the Project Quote PL GI. I tried to apply the below calculation:
​​​​​​​

But it doesnt display the results:
​​​​​​​

What is the mistake in the calculation that I am making? Please guide me through it.
​​​​​​​Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Harry 29 December 2023, 17:46

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @Harry!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello @Naveen Boga & @Laura02 , thank you for your suggestions. I actually found out that i was making a mistake in the calculation. So instead of PMProject.PROB_Attributes, I needed to put PMQuote.PROB_Attributes since, I was trying to pull the values from the Project Quotes screen only.
And now the results are now displaying correct.
Thank you once again.

Badge +18

Hello ,

I agree with Naveen:  when we display an attribute in a GI, we see the Description of the attribute, not the ID.

If you display the PMProject.PROB_Attributes value, I think you will see 10 %, 25 %, etc. and these values can’t be used in calculations.

Try changing the Description on the attributes to be 10 or 25 (remove the %).  Now you have a text field, and you can change the Text field by casting it like CDec( [PMProject.PROB_Attributes]) in your formula, to perform calculations.

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Harry Can you please check value coming in for the PMProject.PROB_Attributes?

I think this is coming as a NULL value, hence it showing blank.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved