Solved

Total Aggregate Function in GI

• 16 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Community,

I’m looking for a way to be able to export a GI that has the total aggregate function set up.  The report that I have has multiple items that have the SUM aggregate function set up, but when we export that to excel, that information does not export.

Is there a way to get this to export?

Bottom of the GI report

Thank you!

Trisha

icon

Best answer by bryanb39 17 January 2024, 01:19

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@tveld Unfortunately, these are the GI functions which is running at the run time and after the main queries are being executed. These Aggregate functions are not currently being added when GI results being exported to Excel.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@hkabiri ,

Thank you for your response.  What would be the best way to provide this information?  I have a manager that would like to see this information with the rest of the report.  Would a pivot be the next best option?

Thank you,

Trisha

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

You could create a pivot table in Acumatica and have that include totals and export to Excel. 

You can create a Report in report designer and export that to excel.

You can also have a template in Excel linked via OData to the GI.

Let me know if you would like more details on how to get one of these to work for your situation. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Does it need to be in Excel?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I would say you have a couple of other options to add for consideration:

Option 1

Export the report to Excel and add the aggregate totals directly on the Excel sheet.  I think this is a reasonable flow. 

Option 2

Use Velixo, a tool that will allow integration from Acumatica directly to Excel, this will allow you to update the data in your Excel sheet from Acumatica in real time maintaining your aggregates in Excel without recreating them each time. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank you @hkabiri , @bryanb39 , @Robert Sternberg  for all your feedback.  I ended up creating a pivot table and I think that will work out for me.  Waiting for a bit more feedback to publish this.

I think all your answers are a possible best answer.

Thank you again for the pointers!

Trisha

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved