Solved

Request & Requsition Questions

• 25 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I am looking to create a GI that will allow our users the ability to see their requests and pull information from the Requisition and/or Purchase Order that was generated from their request. I am running into some challenges and thought I would reach out to the community…

1) Our Requisitions are created by our purchasing team, thus from a request to a requisition there is no insight into who the requisition was requested by only a created user. I do see that on the requisition you can look at the Request Details and see an Employee ID - does anyone know the DAC that link these? 

2) Is there an ability to create multiple requisitions to one purchase order? I ask this because if this is the case, we could have a requisition that was requested by multiple users. As the information is merged together into one purchase order I need to provide the ability to show the multiple users their requisition and purchase order information.

Overall, I am working on providing more insight for our users to see their requests and where they are within the process. Today the communication channel is to reach out to Purchasing a lot to understand what’s the status of the requisition or purchase order. Providing a more robust GI experience for our users would go a long way. Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by meganfriesen37 25 April 2024, 18:55

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
  1. You can link the Requisition back to the Request using the RQRequisitionContent table as this table has both the Request Order and Line number and the Requisition Order and Line number
  2. Under Purchases > Requisitions > Create Orders you can create multiple POs at once from Requisitions.  However, in my testing, it does appear that each requisition creates its own Purchase Order, even if the vendor is the same.

The “Other” tab of the PO keeps track of the Requisition number.

Userlevel 3
Badge
  1. You can link the Requisition back to the Request using the RQRequisitionContent table as this table has both the Request Order and Line number and the Requisition Order and Line number
  2. Under Purchases > Requisitions > Create Orders you can create multiple POs at once from Requisitions.  However, in my testing, it does appear that each requisition creates its own Purchase Order, even if the vendor is the same.

The “Other” tab of the PO keeps track of the Requisition number.

Thank you that worked to create my GI. 

I am a bit shocked that Acumatica doesn’t allow you to Merge Requisitions into one PO for the same Vendor. I know if you are “Creating Requisitions” this process should do this automatically in some way to pull requisitions together for common vendors and such. But when a Manual Requisition is entered and later on discovered it would be great to merge multiple requisitions into one PO for common vendors. Thank you again for your help! 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved