Question

Report Designer: Open status SOOrder parameter

• 17 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi. In my report parameters I want to load Sales order number parameter that has open status only. How can i achieve this ? Please help!

I tried to achieve this by setting the soorder.status equal to N in the filter section. But it’s not working. Can anyone help?!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @ifelix! In this case changing the report parameters to include the open status as seen in the image will only affect data sent to the report, not in the report printing process unfortunately.

In order to be able to get this selector to show only SO which are open, you’ll need to customize the selector.

An option which doesn’t use customization but only hides the other orders is to create a default filter on that selector:

Have you already tried this?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @BenjaminCrisman. Thanks for your response. I understand your approach but Is there a way to do this through report builder itself without having to set the default filter manually so that the user doesn’t have to set it by himself?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@ifelix You would need to use a custom table which showed the data exactly as you’re looking for, Report Designer won’t be able to do this I’m almost certain.

If the filter is created as shared and default, then nobody will have to adjust it or create it, it will just be the standard when they open the selector, but I’m pretty sure they are the only options available to control how the selector populates.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved