Question

Report Designer - fromatting amount calculated in a variable with currency symbol

• 1 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have an amount in my report which is calculated by using a variable. I need to display this amount with the currency symbol next to it ($140.00). If I use ‘=[Currency.CurySymbol] +$InvcAmt’,in the ‘value’ of the text box, I am unbale to format the ‘amount’.

The only way I am able to format the amount is to create a second text box in front of the amount for the currency symbol. The issue here is that there is now a space between the currency symbol and the amount ($     140.00).

Is there a way to join the two where there is no space between the two, bearing in mind the number of characters in the amount can vary?

7 replies

Badge +11

How about:

=Concat([Currency.CurySymbol],Format($InvcAmt,'###,###.00'))

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi benjamin. Thank you for the suggestion. I tried the IIF statement but got an errror so I used the following in the Format field - [CurrencyList.CurySymbol] + ###.00 but it showed as € 500.000000 on the form (should be € 500.00). Correct currency though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@suemackeown13 Can you use a chain of IIFs for Currency? Like Iif CuryID = USD, ‘$’+ ### or, iif CuryID = GBP, ...etc.

Or have you already come up with a workaround?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Sweta

Thank you for your suggestion, but we have three different currencies and therefore the $###,###.00 formatting will not show the correct symbol on the report for anything ofhter than the USD currency.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @suemackeown13,

I suggest adding a formula like CDEC($InvcAmt) and then applying the following format to that field: $###,###.00.

Perhaps this approach will work for you

Regards, Sweta

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Laura

Yes I did see that, thank you, but it does not format correctly when using a variable.

Badge +18

Hello @suemackeown13 ,

Did you notice this previous post related to how to add currency symbol to reports, answered by Naveen and Foujan?

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved