Solved

Labour costs from BOMs

• 6 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Guys,

Hope you are all having a great day!!!

I have been using a GI to calculate our weekly labour costs.

I have encountered an issue where if a BOM Cost is calculated, from the BOM, a fair few BOM costs disappear from my GI and i have to roll the costs, we have near 60000 InventoryIDs, and this is quite a lengthy process.

My GI is attached and our VARs are unfortunately unable to see anything wrong.

Am I using the wrong table? Should I use BOMCostHistory rather than BOMCost?

Any help is greatly apreciated,

Thanks,

Aleks!

icon

Best answer by lauraj46 9 February 2024, 15:26

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @aiwan,

Maybe I’m misunderstanding, but for calculating the actual BOM costs we often use the table AMMTran.  You can filter on the TranType to include just the Labor transactions.

Hope this helps!

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @lauraj46 

I have investigated this route but our labour transactions are blank.

Thanks

Aleks

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @aiwan,

It sounds like you are not capturing or backflushing labor on production orders? 

The AMBOMCost table should be populated when you run the cost roll.  Also, if you archive the results of the Cost Roll then you can use the AMBOMCostHistory DAC to see the cost as of a specific date.  Depending on your settings in preferences, you may need to update the pending cost before you can archive.

Archive Archives the results of the cost calculation to the Cost Roll History (AM408000) form. You can archive the results after the cost rollup process.
If the Allow Archive without Update Pending check box is selected on the BOM Preferences (AM101000) form, you can archive the cost rollup results without updating the pending costs. If the check box is cleared, you must update pending costs first by clicking Update Pending.
The system archives BOM records for the current date. If you archive the results multiple times on the same date, the system overrides the previous data for this date.

Hope this helps!

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you for you help @lauraj46, using the AMBOMCostHistory table worked!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved