Solved

Is there a way to differentiate between a screen vs API action/creation

• 13 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I am trying to build a report and an approval map for GL transactions, we want to exclude all created via API,

Is there a way to differentiate between a screen vs API action/creation? 

The only option I can think of right now is by API user I am wondering if there is a better dynamic way…?

Thank you  

icon

Best answer by ChandraM 14 October 2023, 01:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@shlomo20 Unfortunately it looks like Created Through (indicating screenID) isn’t available in the mappings. The approval mappings only seem to see Created By and Created On, so unless the API user was a specific user, or somehow the process was using Admin user, it might be difficult to discern how the document was created.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @shlomo20 @BenjaminCrisman Having a Separate login user id for the API calls seems to be the feasible solution. 
Ensure not to share that account to anyone to avoid Journal Transaction entry with that user account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @shlomo20 The other ways is to pass a Unique string from API transactions. in the Description fields as below. Or a similar solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @shlomo20  In addition to Chandra’s comment, I would recommend implementing a flagging mechanism. Upon document creation, the make system automatically mark this flag as 'checked.' This strategic approach will significantly enhance our ability to differentiate documents and effortlessly execute subsequent functionalities.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved