Solved

How to put many columns in one report

• 13 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi all,

I need to make this report into 1. As you could see, I couldn’t fit all the columns in 1 page, what I did here was made a parameter to manually chose what page to print first, thus making them available in separate pages. But I need them as one. Can anyone please give me an idea? Thanks a lot in advance!

icon

Best answer by schneur96 16 January 2023, 03:42

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi Paula,

One way you could do this is by listing the information vertically. You could probably fit 3 or 4 item categories per page.

I’ve attached a report example that uses headers within the detail section (the SKU, price, description, etc.), so you could list a lot of those fields vertically rather than horizontally. I believe with some clever arranging, you could make it look pretty good. 

The downside of doing it this way, is that it becomes less easy to compare figures, and of course the headers are repeated.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

The downside of doing it this way, is that it becomes less easy to compare figures, and of course the headers are repeated.

Yes, and I am avoiding redundancy of headers, especially this needs to be exported into excel. I disregarded the paper size and just extended it to fit all the columns so the details were all listed horizontally. Thank you so much for the answer anyway!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

If your primary needs are to export to excel, perhaps building a GI will work for your needs. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved